choco-choco-chip!

Tonight I felt like such a wife.  My meeting for church was cancelled so I decided to spend my evening baking some luxurious chocolate chip cookies. Seriously, how much more cliche can I get? Anyways, if you want to try these out here's the recipe:
-1 cup Crisco
-1 cup margarine
-2 cups brown sugar
-1 1/2 cups white sugar
-3 eggs
-2 tablespoons vanilla
Mix well.  Slowly add 5 1/2-6 cups flour.

Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt & 1 1/2 tablespoon baking soda.  Then add a bag of chocolate chips (us Christensen's/Hill's/Sampson's prefer semi-sweet).  
*Bake approx. 9 minutes at 375 degrees.  Enjoy!



 Our washer and dryer are in our kitchen so it gets pretty cozy. Andrew was a gem and did laundry while I baked; we're both pretty domestic...ain't no thang.





 

 We've agreed it's okay to drink milk out of the carton in the Christensen home, unless you're sick. Then you can't. We also have these lovely Jazz players proudly displayed in our kitchen. Thanks to one of my best friends in the world, Candace and her husband Jeremy Christensen (no, we're not related) for giving us the most creative present of our wedding.  On our kitchen window proudly stands (from left to right) Ostertag, Kirilenko, and Harpring.  We are classy, we know.
 That's all for now, thanks for stopping by!

xoxo

PS - thanks to mama Sampson for this yummy recipe and thanks to my sister Haley for perfecting it and giving me the recipe on the phone not once, but twice.  View her awesome blog here.



Comments

  1. Feel free to let me know the next time you make cookies. They look delish but I'm too lazy to make them for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts