Honeymooners!


Yep that's what we were, for 10 blissfully marvelous days. Andrew is awesome and planned our whole honeymoon.  It was originally supposed to be a surprise (he actually kept it a secret for almost 3 months) then a few weeks before our wedding I found out by accident.  I was actually glad I found out because it made planning and everything even more exciting than ever!
  
Anyways, our glorious honeymoon destination was the beautiful Cancun, Mexico (Riviera Maya to be exact).  Andrew was able to find a sweet deal at one of the travel expos earlier this year, and we spent the week at the BEAUTIFUL El Dorado Seaside Suites.  If any of you are wanting to travel to a resort in Mexico I would STRONGLY recommend this place.  The service was amazing, the food was great, and the grounds were absolutely beautiful.  We ate our bodyweight in food the entire time, slept an average of 10-12 hours each night, and spent the week lounging in fancy smancy robes.  It really was a blissful week and we were sad to say goodbye to this place.  


Here are a few pics of the week.  We'll never forget this place!
 We were both like little kids when we saw our room.  

 Andrew wasted no time getting into his swimming suit!
 Soaking it all in!
 Andrew in front of our room - viente uno once!
 Playing in the ocean
 Sipping drinks on the beach..this was the start of our Miami Vice (virgin, of course) obsession!


 Andrew was obsessed with these towel animals.  He took such good care of them.

 Hanging on the hammock after a fun day relaxing on the beach!
 Naptime on the hammock!
 This was a night to remember.  We hit up one of the shows then boogied our buns off the whole night.  I am proud to say my man can break it down on the dance floor.   Every lady there was in love with his moves, including me.  I believe we were the only sober couple in the entire resort, but we had the sickest dance skills out of anyone.  Andrew's hips don't lie, and I've never been prouder to be Mrs. Christensen!  

 We had a fun time visiting the historic Tulum.  It was amazing to see and hear about the culture of these people.  We were SO hot but very glad we went.

 The beach here was INSANE.  We wanted to go swimming so bad but it was too windy so they wouldn't let us.  Here I am below dreaming of jumping in the ocean.

 Andrew claimed he "bought this mask for his little brother Josh" but I'm convinced the child in him came out and deep down he wanted it to play in...For the rest of the week following the mask purchase, Andrew would put it on from time to time, do some pushups, jump off the bathtub, or bust some moves. Classic.

 Romantic dinner on the beach!  Yes that's me below eating SHRIMP (and actually liking it...surprise!)


 We rode camels, this is weird we know.  I've had "ride a camel" on my bucket list for as long as I can remember.  When we found out this place was the only place in North America where you can ride them we couldn't pass it up.  It was so weird and fun to do this and we'll never forget it!  I'm thinking about naming our firstborn after my camel, Clara-Belle.  How cute is that?



Andrew hauling the camera bag around, as always.

Scary how similar they look in this picture...
 Xplor was awesome!  We did ziplines, swam and rafted through underground caves, and 4 wheeled on this super awesome truck thing.  We had so much fun at this place, I'd highly recommend going there if you're wanting to feel super hardcore.  We wanted to keep our sweet helmets and wristbands to remember our hardcore-ness.  This place was a good time.





 We spent one of our mornings playing tennis! I got mad when he started winning by a lot so we stopped. (I played in high school and he's never even played? I need to grow up a little and lose the competitiveness...maybe someday.)
 Last day...we were SO sad to leave. 
 I about lost my mind when I saw an Auntie Anne's.  This place is amazing.  When I traveled in college for basketball we would get these at every airport and devour them.  Oh my gosh I love pretzels.
Waiting at the airport...end of vacation. Yay for Mexico!  

Comments

  1. Looks like you had a blast Steph! I adore that swing picture. You guys are a such a fun cute couple. Now lets do a double dater soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts