poor brutus


This weekend we learned how much we really love Brutus.  It's never been a secret that Andrew has truly truly loved Brutus.  Sometimes I wonder if there was a train coming and Brutus and I were both on the tracks, who Andrew would save.  Just kidding, but seriously he loves this dog.  Andrew and I stayed at his parents' house over the weekend to hang out with beautiful Brianny and Mister Brutus.  
Every night Brutus looks forward to his special run through the neighborhood. He knows this route by heart and has a blast chasing the car. One of us drives and the others yell at the window encouraging him.  Seriously, he gets going almost 25 mph and absolutely lives for these runs.  On Friday, Andrew took Brutus out for a drive/run with our good friend Patrick while Brianny and I stayed home and watched TV.  Brianny and I noticed they were taking way longer than usual, and after about 40 minutes we saw Andrew carrying 95 pound Brutus up the road.  He had gone running full speed into one of the neighbors' brick mailboxes.  We would have thought this was funny and all had a good laugh if he wasn't hurt so bad.  At the time we weren't sure how bad his injuries were, and it was actually really scary.  He had some bad cuts around his face and right leg, and wasn't able to walk or move.  
I quickly found the nearest dog hospital and we had to take Brutus right in. It was so sad because he was in so much pain we had to cover his face with a blanket just to get him in the car (he was biting when we tried to move him).  It was so hard to watch and I cried.  Once we got to the hospital we all felt a lot better.  The doctors at Pet ER were so helpful and I've never appreciated vets more.  We stayed at the hospital for a few hours while they did some tests.  Luckily, he had no serious injuries other than some extra air around his chest that they said to keep a close eye on.  We were relieved his foot wasn't broken, they gave him some good pain meds and we went home that night around 2:00 in the morn.
We had a long night and day on Saturday, keeping Brutus company and making sure he kept taking his medicine when he was supposed to.  He was treated like a king for the weekend, and even though our plans to take him hiking fell through, we were so happy to relax and spend time being lazy with Brutus and Brianny.
Sunday was fun, Andrew and I went to church and I made us some nasty teriyaki chicken.  (Sometimes when I say nasty it means 'good', but this was literally nasty).  It was seriously sick.  I'm still working on my cooking skills...Andrew was nice and forced it down with a smile, I threw most of mine away. We baked a sweet chocolate cake to make up for it and pounded it down. (I need to lay off the baking before we become big fatsos)
Monday was awesome, I had no work and Andrew no school.  I spent the morning on a long canyon run up to Bridal Veil falls while Andrew went to the gym. (I like solo running, its therapeutic)  We then went and saw Avengers (awesome...loved it) then spent the evening at the Bees game with Andrew's family, which was a blast. 
The weekend was definitely eventful and will be one we'll never forget.
We love you Brutus!
 Made it to the waterfall. Wee!
We had a blast partying with Andrew's fam at the Bee's game.  Aaden had so much fun riding on the train!  
That is all for now, thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. I think I feel more sorry for you guys than even Brutus! That would be such a bummer weekend:( Thanks for taking care of him and for taking care of Aaden at the game! Even though he calls you "dak dak" I know he loves you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts