summer lovin'

I have been inactive in my blogging lately. Life is crazy.   Every day flies by, it scares me that the older I'm getting the faster life speeds up.
Recent events in our lives have really caused me to open my eyes.  Life is BEAUTIFUL and its amazing that we are able to get up everyday, do our thing, make our own choices, and do what we want with our lives.  
It's just cool and life is so wonderful. I have been so blessed with the coolest husband in the world, great family, a great job, and wonderful friends. I don't want to forget this fun time in my lfie, so in a nutshell, here are the highlights (in no specific order):

1- My sister is pregnant!
She told us at our father's day dinner just recently and I can NOT be happier.  Seriously, I bawled.  I have been so lucky to marry into a family where I'm an aunt to my sister-in-law Ashlee's Mister Aaden Winkleman and soon Miss Kate will join the family (in just a few weeks, yay!) I could not be happier that now my sister is joining the pregnancy club and having a baby.  I love her so much and can't imagine how much I am going to love and spoil this child of hers. I secretly hope it's a girl so I can make my sister crazy by putting these ridiculously large headbands on her babe. (This is one of her biggest pet peeves, I think they are hilariously awesome).
2- We got a GRILL.
This is Andrew's birthday present this year, and was all he wanted.  This bad boy is infrared and makes mean burgers and chicken. That's all he's cooked so far but we have high hopes for some yummy tri-tip and steaks in the near future. Andrew is obsessed with this new toy and has been making some yumma food as of late.  He is giddy like a little kid with this and I'm off the hook for cooking for the rest of the summer. I love that he is manly and likes manly things like sports and barbecues. Boom. :)



3- We've had company! 
We feel so cool.  Over the past week we've had my bestest friend in the world Courtney and her husband Chad come over for some Thai food and Apples to Apples, Andrew's friends and family came for some grub and bean bag toss, and my parents and Grandma came for some yumma chicken and drinks.  It's amazing what a BBQ and good food can do for bringing people together.  Andrew is such a good host and makes cute little drinks for everyone who comes over. (I got these sweet umbrellas and cute little straws from Zurcher's.  We are in love with them because they make us feel like we're still on our honeymoon.)
 
 
These are some of Andrew's friends from Nepal.  Andrew was roommates with Keshav, on the left. They were so polite and cool and I was so glad to meet them.

4- We played tennis. 
Andrew has this freaky talent where he is good at everything he tries.  On our honeymoon in Mexico we played and I got mad because he was killing me.  I played tennis in high school for 2 years, and by no means do I claim to be a pro, but I didn't know that someone who's never played before could dominate me without breaking a sweat. We went and played this weekend and I barely squeaked by with a "W". I like being married to Andrew because we both have fun playing sports together (even if we get a little competitive sometimes).
5- We got the "pass of all passes". 
Yes, we're 12, we got season passes to 7 peaks and went there last week and had a blast riding the 'scary slides' and catching some rays. We also eat snow cones at least once every single day. We love summer. :)
That's about it.  I'm also slowly but surely making progress on our little apartment.  It's fun to decorate and turn it into our home. We love our apartment and have fun adding to it and making it ours.  I'll post some pictures soon, but in the meantime if anyone knows where to get a sweet vintage dresser like this bad boy below, holla.  I'm on a hunt for our TV stand!
The end.  Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. Those headbands are the sickest things I've ever seen. I was laughing so hard at those poor children. I need to give you the yummiest hamburger recipe EVER. You add seasonings and steak sauce to the meat then make patties and it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooohoo So excited for you to be an AUNT! such a fun thing. I think the bows are awesome... we need to bbq soon and try out your new grill :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts