how comcast has changed me

I haven't had TV in my apartment for the last 5 years. I haven't ever been watching TV series' consistently.  When I was in high school I read books a lot and rarely watched TV. When I went to college all I did was eat and play basketball, none of my apartments had cable.
But now my life has changed, and Comcast has made me a new person. I know I'm pathetic, and I don't care. I want to take a couple of minutes to explain how some of my favorite shows have changed my life forever.
1. It's Made me Braver
In my professional opinion, Jack Bauer is the bravest, smartest, and most courageous male TV character to ever live. I find myself taking my phone to the bathroom and walking around the workplace, glancing around suspiciously just so I can pretend like I'm on 24. We have been addicted to this show ever since we subscribed to our free 30 day trial of NetFlix a couple of weeks ago. I feel like I could withstand any amount of pain, dodge any bullet, and save the citizens of America after watching this show. 
Notice: If you plan on living a productive life, do not start watching this show. Andrew and I don't, so we're good.
2. It's Made Me More Motivated
This show is inspiring. Every time we watch this one we reapply ourselves to staying healthy and taking care of ourselves (at least for a few days...)
Notice: If you do the commercial break exercises, you will be sore. They are seriously hard.
3. It's Made Me More Organized
(Enough said)
4. It's Made Me Like Andrew More
Seriously, this show is hilarious. Andrew and I both love and watch it religiously. It's wonderful watching the guys try and win her over each week. I look at Andrew after 2 hours of watching the meat heads and the tool bags and he always seems so much hotter to me. 
Notice: This is referring to every guy on the show except for Jef with one F, he is suave and has awesome hair. Andrew and I are considering buying the trendy #teamjef shirts.
5. It's Made Me Want To Be A Dancer
These people are amazing. I grew up a total jock and stopped taking dance lessons by the time I was in middle school. I never got into dance but I absolutely love watching this show. The girls are so cool and graceful and the guys are so strong. Andrew pretends like he doesn't like it so he can feel manly but I'm convinced he's hooked.
*This is a sneaky picture I took of him "not watching". 
In a nutshell I've learned that having TV is a complete waste of time, but is so much fun. I have rationalized that is is alright to waste my time because it's summer.
Thanks for stopping by!





Comments

  1. Really- if you get team Jef shirts, get me one:) Sy said to me the other day, "Honey, you know you're not picking out suitors for you- right?" about the bachelorette. I just can't help it. I'm addicted.

    (And now I might have to start watching 24 again. I just have to get over how mad I was when his wife died!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. every time i read one of your posts i ask myself why we haven't hung out yet, because basically you and andrew remind me exactly of brian and i.

    i was totally the same way...never watched TV until i got married. but bri has me hooked. i love extreme makeover weight loss addition. ooh, & JEF with on F...of course.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts