a good read

(and other mumbo jumbo)
I love to read. I don't care what anyone says or thinks it's one of my favorite things. Ever since my sister and I were little we have always loved a good book. My mom would have to tell us to turn our lights out at night when it started to get late. We'd turn off our lights, wait for her to leave, then bust out flashlights with our blankets over our heads and read late into the night. Nerd alert? I think so. 
Oh well, ever since then I love a good read. I especially like books that motivate me, make me laugh, cry, give me butterflies, or teach me a good life lesson.  My company had a retreat to Bear Lake last weekend and I took this book with me and it was a mighty fine treat. I read all 428 pages in 3 days. :)If you are interested in a good read, I'd highly recommend this one. It made me laugh, cry, ponder my marriage, and also sparked some interest in my family history. It also made me so grateful to live in the times we do today, I am able to work and help provide for us, while still have a married life and get to be a wifey to my hubs. It also made me so grateful for Andrew, he is the most genuinely nice person I've met, and has a sincere care and concern for others. Anyways, I felt like ranting and raving about this book, so check it out.  A few other goodies worth a read that I have thoroughly enjoyed:
  • The Tea Rose (may be my fave) It is a rags to riches/romance novel that gives you every emotion. It is one of the few books I can read more than once and inspires me like crazy. Read this book if you haven't!
  • The Da Vinci Code -A classic. Absolutely deserves to go on this list of faves.
  • The Secret Life of Bees - this is a happy fun read. I've read this book 3 times, another goodie.
Okay, that does it for my book ravings for now. I can't wait to get some more good books to dive into. Now that life has finally slowed down a little bit, I am committing to making more time for my beloved books. Spoken like a true dorkus, whatevs.
Besides books, I have a few other joys lately that have made me happy (in no particular order):


  1. My sister and her pregger-ness. It is so fun to see her little belly growing (she's still tiny) but it's amazing my little nephew is just-a-cookin' and getting stronger and cuter each day. :) I am so excited to be an auntie to this little stinker and already love him so much.  She's been decorating their adorable nursery and I can't wait to see the finished project! I am so excited for our little family to grow and can guarantee this little boy will never go without candy and  basketballs from his aunt and uncle.
  2. Shark week - Andrew hasn't been as impressed with this year's Shark Week as much as I have. He thinks its the same "breaching" over and over but I don't care I think it's amazing and am beyond fascinated with these bad boys. (I think Andrew's just really scared of sharks so he claims it's "lame")
  3. Miss Brianny is rockin it in soccer! My baby sis in law is just a freshman and is playing on the varsity soccer team at Murray. I'm so proud of her, she's so athletic and is working hard. She is so fierce and cool and I would absolutely want to be her if I had played against her in high school. (Seriously, she's gorgeous) I'm so happy to see both her and Joshy dominating and working so hard in all the stuff they've got going on. Represent Team Christensen!   
  4. My bestie friends. I love you all. We recently had a get together for Cassidy and Daniel's going away party. (They are moving to Texas..booo!) Anyways, we all get together and always have a blast and a half. There's something about being around your best girlfriends that is just a different, special type of fun. These girls bring out my weirdest, quirkiest side and we all laugh about Midnight Raiders and other middle/high school adventures until barfing while our husbands stare at the clock. Thank you husbands for tolerating us. We'll miss you Cassidy!
  5. Taking pictures & good food. Like I mentioned we just went to Bear Lake for my work trip. It was so great to be in a pretty place with nothing to do, nowhere to go, and unlimited delicious calories at my fingertips. I love being outside so much, but combine some of the greatest food and snacks and I'm a happy camper, literally. Hats off to SEO.com for feeding us like royalty. Here are a few pics from the part-ay.








Comments

  1. Steph,
    I love Lynn Austin too! You need to read her Civil War series. Light in the Darkness, Fire by Night, and Candle to my path. Think that's the order.

    And you might check out Shannon Hale. My favorite one of hers is Austenland and Midnight in Austenland. She is so clever in her writing and I laugh out loud every time I read it. Yes I've read it multiple times.

    If you want to read a good true story, read. Heaven is Here. By Stephanie Neilson, I loved it and was crying by the end.

    I also Loved the Wednesday Letters. Really Really Really good!!!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts