baby it's cold outside...

I am one of those people that is guilty of listening to Christmas music since at least a week before Thanksgiving then constantly throughout the entire month of December and even into the beginning of January. I absolutely love it. I listen to FM 100 Christmas non-stop on my way to work, and constantly have Pandora Christmas playing at work and in our house. I am also guilty of absolutely loving the NSYNC Christmas CD along with Justin Bieber's "Misteltoe" song (really, what's not to love?) I would consider myself fairly optimistic and open to most Christmas songs, with one exception.

Have you heard this song? Am I the only one that thinks it is weird and a little bit creepy? For some reason I feel like "Baby it's Cold Outside" is both extremely over-rated and over-played. Here is a link to the video, please listen and observe my below listed concerns:


A few thoughts I have regarding this song:
  1. Is it just me or does it not sound like a creepy old man is trying to persuade a young girl with a curfew to stay at his house? She repeatedly mentions her parents and family will start to worry-then he chimes in sounding at least sixty with his scary low voice. It doesn't seem right.
  2. The line "Say, what's in this drink?" hmmm....
  3. "Gosh your lips look delicious?" same story...
I apologize if I have ruined this song for you, this is just something that has been weighing on my mind. Happy holidays! :)

xoxo
steph

Comments

  1. haha you're so funny! I actually love this song..NOT the original, but the Jessica Simpson with Nick Lachey version. You'll have to listen to it. It's much cuter (and more along the lines with nsync/justin bieber lol). It just makes me sad they are divorced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I really was thinking this same thing the other day while watching Elf...way creepy! But I'm right there with ya on the NSYNC stuff...still my favorite Christmas CD of all time! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts