happy December!

Is it really December? Where does the time go? I feel like it was just summer. I need to slow down and smell the roses because time is going too fast and it's freaking me out. Either way, it's December! Which means 2 things: 1)it's officially Christmastime and I'm a happy camper. 2)Movember if over! Thank you! Although I fully support the cause behind Movember, I work in an office where I am way outnumbered by guys, many of which are way too big of fans of Movember. I get to look at creepy mustaches all day long and feel like I have been surrounded by pedophiles for the last 30 days (no offense, co-workers). My inbox at work has been spammed with nasty Movember pics, and I was able to see this gem as a parting image just moments before I headed home for the weekend...awesome and disgusting.

Things at the Christensen casa are very happy today because (drumroll please)...Andrew is done with the LSAT forevermore (Hallelujah!) He has been studying so hard for so long and finally took the test. This test is insane, its broken out into a few different sections covering the most intense games, reading, and logical reasoning. I don't know how he does it because I can't even do one question, let alone do over 100 questions and have it be timed. It would stress the crap out of me. We have this intense app on our ipad that is basically a creepy sounding proctor who is announcing the time while Andrew has obsessively been taking practice tests. It's crazy because it even has sound effects with people coughing, papers crinkling, etc. Modern technology these days continues to baffle me. I admire him for being so ambitious, I would take one look at this test and give it up, but it hasn't been easy. He's buried himself in our back room night after night studying while I try desperately not to bug him with every thought that pops into my head. 

We will find out in about a month or so how he did then we will begin the long process of applying to law schools. In the meantime I'm busy being the suga mama which is working out pretty good for us so far. Andrew is going to be "officially graduated" this spring, but will just have a few credits after this semester so he'll be taking them online. He's planning on getting a job/finishing up school before he heads to law school next fall. 

While he's been busy studying, I've been extremely productive and  made good use of my time the last couple of weeks. I've filled my evenings with reading, cooking (maybe twice?), decorating our casa with Christmas stuff, running on occasion, and most importantly - I've started playing with makeup. Very productive, I know, but it has been nice to come home to quiet relaxing evenings lately. I've been intrigued with the idea of lipstick lately. Those who know me very well know I am not a makeup person or a hair person, or a person who takes pictures of herself. I'm sure this lipstick thing is just a phase but I don't really care it's fun. Maybe it's the season? Maybe I'm growing up? Doubt it. Anyways, here's to the new me, at least for today. I'm getting so girly I love it! Again, extremely good use of my time.
1. Ruby Star 2. Cherry Picking 3. Dazzling Plum

We had a pretty rad evening. We were able to visit with one of my dad's lifelong friends, Paul Warner and his adorable wife Linda (I love reading their hilarious daughter Brooke's blog, she is so witty and I want to be just like her). Anyways my family met up with them for a delicious dinner at the Rio Grande Cafe (it was delicious and I had the most bomb chicken enchiladas) and we had a blast talking about my dad. He told us some crazy stories about them growing up and the funny things they did. I can't believe they didn't get arrested. The more I hear about my dad (especially in high school) the more similarities I am seeing with us. He had crazy friends, did random hilarious (sometimes illegal) things, and loved to have a good time. Speaking with other people about him and hearing about him from other perspectives has really helped me learn more about him and grow to love him even more. I am very impressed with the person he came to be and the success he had in spite of all the challenges he experienced in his life. It was a great night and I was so glad we were able to do it. 

After dinner Andrew and I headed over to Temple square to see the lights. We had driven with my mom downtown so she dropped us off and we rode the train home (which was fun...side note: when did they redo the Trax interior? Super classy!)I can honestly say I had fun at the lights this year. I don't know why I go every year. Usually it's 10 degrees, snowing, and I'm miserable. I know what the lights will look like, I know I'll be freezing, and yet I go every year without fail. This year was low key, we walked around for about 10 minutes, got our one picture (I had to beg Andrew to take just one) then headed over to City Creek, which is also insanely classy as well, but super overcrowded. We walked around for a little while, saw my teammate Cassie Platt (which COMPLETELY made my night, I love her) and headed home on the train. 

Nights like these make me so happy and I realize how lucky I am to have such a great family, friends, and means to do fun stuff. 

Thanks for stopping by and happy December!

xoxo
steph

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts