Spring Has Sprung!

**Today's my mom's birthday..Happy Birthday Mama!**

With the exception of me being on my deathbed blowing chunks for a few days (how's that for an intro?) April has been good to us. We are officially under contract to start building our home and are beyond stoked, we celebrated our big one year anniversary as well as Andrew's BYU graduation, my mom's birthday, O-Man's baby blessing, worked in the yard, and even broke out the grill (and my longboard...boom) for some yummy BBQ and enjoyed the sunshine. Life is good and we can't complain. 



We are working a lot in a last ditch effort to save as much as we can for the house, we've picked up a few more reffing gigs and are having fun spending time together and working hard. Andrew is finishing up a few last classes online and spends his evenings at his desk studying while I've been been immersed re-reading some of my old Nicholas Sparks faves (sigh). 

We also passed the six month mark of my dad's passing which was weird. In some ways it feels like his passing was just yesterday and I was just having dinner with him, in other ways it feels like it has been longer. I will say that I really thought with time it would get "easier" that he is gone, but although the ache isn't as sudden and sharp, it is consistent and always there. As time has passed the reality of him being gone has set in and it's almost more difficult now not having him to share in some of our family memories as life keeps happening without him. It has now been over 6 months I last saw my dad, hugged him, or heard his voice. He hasn't met Owen, he wasn't there when Andrew graduated, and he didn't get to help my mom blow out her birthday candles when she turned 60 today (whoops, sorry for dating you mom) :) It's crazy how much I miss him, and how sad I feel for my mom for not having her husband. But I'm amazed at my mom for her strength, she has made a true effort to keep herself busy and enjoy the people she does have in her life, and I know my dad would be so happy to see all the simple joys we've been able to have together as a family. We really are so blessed.

With the pretty sunshine out lately I've had so much fun with my camera (as always) and have been able to capture some our good times. Enjoy!

For our anniversary we hit up the Melting Pot. Delish!

iPhone + bad lighting = scary cat eyes. Yikes.
While we were downtown we decided to check out this adorable book shop. 



I was happy I had my camera, Andrew...not so much.



Owen was also blessed, and I must say Danny and Haley know how to throw a party. We all appreciate good food in our family!

Owen looked simply fabulous in his blessing outfit. He is such a cutie I just want to eat him. Such a cute family.  
I don't want to brag or anything...but Andrew rocks the comb-over better than anyone I know. 



This is why I love Andrew. He is not the biggest fan of getting his picture taken, but he does know how happy a great photo makes me. I knew right when he did this that it was just to appease my picture obsession, and it made me so happy to have the perfect shot. Well done, my man. Well done.
Kate is so fascinated with Joshie's hair. He is so cute with her!
We were so grateful to have some of our family there! We love them all!

Kate was not having it...

Depressed face...3 more years. 
...best shot of the day right here.

...those eyes.


These are the faces I get from the guys when the camera comes out...







Testing out her Brookestone shoulder massage from Andrew and me. She is in heaven!

Snapped this beauty from our deck. We are so happy for spring to be here!
Thanks for stopping by! 

xoxo steph


Comments

  1. So many good pics! You are kind of obnoxious with that camera though...this post made me cry and smile :) Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts