A Little California Sunshine...

Last week we were able to take a quick California trip! We have been working so much lately we thought it would be a good idea to take off for a few days and spend some time in the Golden State. My mom grew up in California and most of our family still lives in the northern part. We were so glad to have some much needed quality time, tour all over the place, and visit with our family. The weather was amazing and the food was even better. It went way too fast!

We spent one of the days in San Francisco (we had some amazing tour guides my Aunt Karen and Uncle Keith) and I absolutely LOVED the colors and character of this city. Andrew hadn't been since he was little and I think by now I've just about got him convinced we need to live there. All of the buildings, restaurants, and parks are just fabulous and I love the style of this place. We had a blast in this city!

^^this was probably my favorite part of the trip, seeing the "full house" houses^^
^^my aunt, uncle, and mom were fabulous tour guides!^^
^^i was obsessing over the awesome buildings and colors.^^
andrew {obviously} enjoyed chinatown
We also hit up the Oakland temple on our way home. It was really pretty and the palm trees and flowers were awesome as well. The only 2 pics we took together were either 1- blurry or 2-super ghetto {whoops}
^^not classy.^^
 Andrew and I also spent one of the days at California Big Trees. I have been out to California probably 50 times but never visited this State Park. We had a fun day hanging out in the perfect weather and ate at this super cute delicious restaurant for lunch. I could not believe how massive these trees were, it was seriously cool. It took us about 5 minutes to realize we were out of place here though. There were 3 types of people at this place:

1-oldies
2-families with tons of children
3-us

We still had fun.

This next picture kills me. Below is one of the first pictures I took and Andrew realizes I am going to be taking pictures the whole day. His face just screams "put the camera away...are you going to do this the whole time?" Yes babe...get used to it. This is nothing, wait until we have kids.
^^I love this picture because {I was really walking} but it looks like I'm trying to stand like Kim Kardashian. Awesome.^^
  I felt like a little kid again with all these trees/trying to do cool poses. It was a perfect day. 


As I said earlier, my mom's family lives in Northern California so we were able to stay with them and spend some time with my Grandma, Aunt and Uncle, and Andrew was able to meet some of my cousins and their littles. Keith and Karen are awesome hosts, they always have the best food (I gained 6 pounds on this trip, seriously. They only shop at Costco it is fabulous.) We had a few nights of yummy food and great company (and Keith's yard...off the hook.)

my uncle got out otter pops for the kids...of course i ate them all.
There were so many adorable little kids and we were in heaven holding and playing with them. The little boys especially loved Andrew and he had a blast running around with them while I obsessed over the little babies. 

It was such a great trip and I'm so glad we were able to go out there, I hope it's the first of many more visits to come!


Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
steph


Comments

  1. You're right, Steph. It was a great (but short) trip. I'm so grateful to Keith and Karen and their hospitality and glad Grandma Dena is doing so well. We'll have to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Looks like it was a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts