Gobble Gobble!

I have been meaning to post about our Thanksgiving shenanigans for a while not but haven't made the time and now here we are and it's December 15th. This is embarrassing, I am ashamed of myself. Oh well...better late than never. 

We had a great Thanksgiving this year! It was so relaxing and fun and I loved every minute of it. Andrew and I kicked off the holiday early by heading up to Alta for the day on Wednesday. Really, skiing is our favorite thing to do together. The smell of pine, the snow, the mountains. Sigh. I die for Utah's beauty. We always say we are so blessed to live in such a pretty place and I'm glad we take advantage of it.

Some of our greatest memories are up in the mountains skiing, it's kind of our escape from craziness and I hope we always make it a priority. We got new skis this year and had a blast trying them out. (Andrew freakkksss me out because he goes speedy but what can ya do? I strap a helmet on him say my prayers.) 

The next day was fabulous. We slept in, drank hot chocolate and spent the morning getting our house ready for Andrew's family to come over for  dessert that night. It was fabulous being able to sleep in and just relax on Thanksgiving! 

We headed up to Murray in the afternoon to eat dinner with our family friends, the Thomas's, and had a blast stuffing ourselves with food. Turkey is my favorite food hands down, so naturally Thanksgiving is a favorite. Yummmmmm.

My nephew Owen is the best. Seriously I can't believe how much I love that little dude. He saw dogs for the first time at Thomas's and was on the ground chasing them all over the house. He has the best personality I love it. Notice Haley rockin' the melt? She's the cutest. 
These were the only 2 pics I took at Thomas's! We had fun visiting with family and friends at Thomas's and missed my dad a lot as always. 

We headed up to our house to have dessert with Andrew's side of the family that evening. It was a lot of fun to have visitors in our new house! The kids loved the playroom and we all loved the yummy treats. It was like my dream come true to have my home filled with love and laughter and lots of food. :) I'm in love with our new home and love having people over (by this point I remembered to take pictures so there are a few more here)

^^Josh loves smiling for the camera^^
^^Andrew and Grandma Cow^^
^^Ashlee and Grandma Fonny^^

^^Yummy treats and a darling Kate. Doesn't get much better than that.^^
^^Gerry and Sy were accidental twinners^^
^^Like I said the playroom was a huge hit^^
^^Aaden and Kate looked awesome in their Xmas jammies. They are the cutest.^^

By the end of the night we were all pretty pooped (^^obviously^^) I'd definitely say the day was a success!

The next day Andrew got up early and went and got a new phone and some other awesome Black Friday deals for us and this is what I did...

(slept in and ate 4 cookies. whoops)

I did end up going shopping a little bit later with my mom for the day and we had a good time, but you couldn't pay me to get up at the butt-crack of dawn and wait in those lines. Crowds give me anxiety. :)

We also spent the weekend putting up Christmas decorations! (We are such huge Thanksgiving lovers we refuse to decorate until after Thanksgiving) We listened to Christmas music, had the fire going, and decorated just  the two of us. It was pretty magical and was better than I imagined. (I always imagine situations going a certain way in my head and when they go better its like the best.thing.ever.) Andrew thinks I'm weird.


Gahhh I love the holidays. They make me giddy.

Merry Christmas!

xoxo
steph















Comments

Popular Posts