Another Year!

Holy smokes, another year gone. I can't believe 2013 is already behind us! If I had to put 2013 into one word I would call it the year of "change". Looking at my below list, almost all of these are changes for the good and I know we have truly been blessed. We've had a blast taking on the crazy "changes" life has thrown us, and I couldn't be happier that I have someone as fun, optimistic, and straight up nice as my husband to go through life with. I can't wait to see what 2014 brings our way. 

Looking back at our "changes" this year, there have been a few...

Andrew's Changes:
-graduated BYU, worked full time for a law office
-got accepted to BYU Law School
-changed from a full-time job to a full-time law student (rough stuff but he is a crazy person and really likes school. opposites attract much?)
-changed hair (from the spike to rocking the combover. seriously. dreamboat, he is.
-changed phones (this was a huge milestone getting him to upgrade)
-changed callings at church (went from self-proclaimed ward "basketball player" to 10-11 year old primary teacher, where he was loved by his class)

Steph's Changes:
-changed jobs (SEO.com to CLEARLINK)
-started brushing my hair and stopped biting my nails (if you know me you know both of these are huge)
-hair color (don't ask, it was bad and it was my fault)
-church callings (from Relief Society to Sunbeam teacher)
-workout schedule...(whoops)

Changes for Both of Us:
-Moved from Orem to my mom's
-Budgeted and saved
-House/lot hunted a "lot" (get it?) and built a home
-adjusted to the loss of my dad (super boo)
-Stopped caring about the Jazz (just for a season, they break my heart)
-Moved from my mom's to our crib (we miss her but we love our house. bittersweet.)
-got skiis (best day of my life)
-Got used to commuting
-became a 3rd time aunt and uncle to Mister Owen (we are smitten)
-Canceled Cable! 
-started being grownups and paying bills(it feels weird)

Overall, solid year. This year we thought it would be fun to throw a New Year's party with Andrew's family and it ended up being a success! We had around 20 something people and enjoyed a fun night of food, games, and fun. Andrew and I both love having company and entertaining (I like decorating and he likes cooking so it works out) We had lots of food (thanks to Andrew's mom for helping us out and bringing some yummy treats) Andrew made some bomb shishkabobs and hamburger sliders, and I baked a few goodies as well. I am convinced good food (and lots of it) makes a good party. Here are a few pictures from our fun night.
^^Getting ready. We served cream soda to match the "gold" theme. Yum!^^
^Andrew's shish kabobs were bomb. I made these fun drinks with lots of glitter^
 We set up a photo booth area in our breakfast room (I copied this from a party I went to last year...I do that a lot...) It ended up being a huge hit and we all had a lot of fun taking fun pictures with some of the little props.If there's one thing I learned from this party it was that glitter is the most fun thing. Ever. 
^^We took lots of pictures. These are just a few^^
After we eating and pictures came the games. We played some minute to win it games and things got intense. I know people sometimes don't like party games but I don't care. I love them. We went boys against girls and kept score and everything (I'm not competitive at all...) It was so funny and awesome because everyone participated and we all laughed really hard on some of the challenges. It was a lot of fun. 
^^Jasmine rocked the ping pong bounce^^

Overall it was a fun, crazy night. So glad everyone could make it! Happy New Year! 

xoxo
steph



Comments

  1. Yay! The party looked awesome and super fun! Hopefully this year is just as great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts