Summer Recap

I can't believe that summer is over!I'm devastated. We had a long list of projects and things we wanted to do this summer. I am happy to say that we only did the fun things! This summer has flown and while I'm sad it's over, I am happy we were able to make the most out of it and play as much as we did. We started out the summer with a bang and headed out to Florida and on our cruise as soon as Andrew got out of school (read about that here). 

This summer has been very relaxing. We just did whatever we felt like, which I so much enjoy. This summer I have found a new hobby, my beloved road bike. I have wanted a bike for a while now and so we finally caved and got me one. A lot of my colleagues and friends have bikes and I went on ONE ride and was hooked. 


I signed up for the Huntsman race with my team from work and had such a cool experience riding for cancer. The race was HARD and LONG and HOT and although it was rough I was anxious to get back on my bike as soon as I could. It was so much fun to dedicate the ride to my cancer-survivor mama and have her and Andrew there to cheer for me at the finish line! I now ride my bike as much as I'm able and love going with my team from work in the mornings up Provo Canyon. 

So that was June. July is tied with December for one of my very favorite months of the whole year. Andrew and his mom share a birthday on July 3rd so it always makes for some fun festivities! We were able to celebrate this year with lots of fireworks, friends, family and BBQs! For Andrew's birthday I took him up to Sundance and we did a fun hike to Stewart falls and had a picnic and wasted the day away. We climbed clear up to the waterfall and even ended up going behind the actual falls. It was a little scary and the water was FREEZING but it was so refreshing. We were like little kids playing around on the rocks and it was so much fun to spend the day doing whatever we wanted, I live for these days. 

We went to his grandma's house that night for a fun BBQ and the kids (and Andrew of course) had so much fun playing in Grandma's backyard. They did lots of races and obstacle courses while I just had the best time ever staring at baby Luke! 

On the 4th we went to my moms and had a fun BBQ and did fireworks with my family and the Thomas's. Everyone had babies so the party broke up early and Andrew and I headed home and decided to get on the roof and watch the fireworks. We could see everything in Utah county from our roof and so we popped popcorn and sat up there together, it was such a fun thing to do and I think it'll have to be a tradition from now on. :) We decided to sleep outside since we were feeling adventurous and it was such a fun memory. I love making new memories and traditions in our house! 

July was filled with bridal showers and lots of weddings! It was fun to see 2 of my very best friends get married and celebrate with them. Jess and Hay are the last from my group to tie the knot and I was so happy for them and there happiness! 
 We played with friends a lot this summer. I have the best friends ever from high school and I love them so much! We did a fun hike up to Red Pine Lake and had such a blast. I love that no matter how old we get we always get together and have such a blast being weirdos.


We also went to Bear Lake with my family. My mom gets us a cabin every year and we spend the week drinking milkshakes and playing i the sun. I look forward to this trip and this year did not disappoint! 


Summer, you will be missed!

xoxo
-steph

Comments

Popular Posts