Goodbye Summer!

Another Summer has flown by! It's crazy to me how fast the months seem to slip away. The fact that summer is really over is freaking me out! When we found out I was pregnant in January I remember thinking fall seemed SO far away. 

This summer was really good to us! We were able to head off to Europe for 2 1/2 weeks in late May/early June and it was the best thing ever (full post on that here.)

With me being pregnant we really took the rest of the summer easy and enjoyed spending time together, preparing for the baby, and relaxing lots. 

One of my favorite memories from this summer was when Andrew and I swiped Josh's (Andrew's little bro) new Jeep and took the top off for a drive up the canyon. We picked up sandwiches and drove up to Silver Lake where we explored a little bit and ate lunch. It was so fun jamming to music, enjoying the scenery, and hanging out with Andrew. The mountains + Andrew really are my happy place. 


^^the classic "i promise i'm pregnant, not fat" touch-to-the-belly-pose^^
^^everyone up there has hiking gear and this guy is in sandals and socks...^^

After our drive we picked up Brianny and Josh and went cruising on State street with the top down, it was so fun! I love these people.

Another fun memory was working on the nursery! It is all done now and I am so happy with it. One night after work Andrew came to me with a "presentation" on which crib we should buy. It was awesome and I loved it. 

 We decided to go with a basic white room and make it super simple and clean. This deserves it's own post which I'll share soon but we worked on this slowly all summer and it was so much fun. I also bought so much stuff. We can build 100 forts with all the cardboard boxes we've had from my Amazon purchases! It's been so awesome. I bought LOTS of baby clothes and tons of baby products. It really kept me busy after work and on the weekends haha it's amazing how many things you need for a baby.

Another highlight has been getting plants and bushes for our yard. We decided to do this on a whim one day and it was such a funny memory. My Subaru is basically a flat bed truck and we packed it FULL with sweet bushes and plants at the nursery. 

Andrew has worked so hard in this yard. Of course because we never plan we realized we had limited time to get the plants in AFTER we bought them all. We seriously stayed up until 2am to get them all in the ground, and used my car for a light once it got dark. Every project we do is kind of a marathon because we're not the greatest planners but at least we get things done! ;) I love how much Andrew loves his yard, it's definitely his hobby! 

We also celebrated Andrew's birthday (and his mom's since it's on the same day) and we always have fun doing so! His is on the 3rd of July and so the 4th of July holiday is always one of my favorites. Our neighborhood also did an INSANE firework show which was so much fun. We love our neighbors and never want to leave.

Also my bump kept growing...and growing. I actually had fun getting a bump! I know it sounds so lame but I have always been such a tom boy with a sporty figure that I have felt so girly and feminine with this bump! It's also awesome to be able to let it all hang out and not ever worry about sucking in! ;) I think I really am going to miss it! 

Another summer highlight and one of my favorite things we always do is Bear Lake with the family. We had so much fun eating lots of milk shakes, playing in the lake, and spending time with my side of the family. We love our niece and nephew so much and they are always such a blast. I promise my mom was here, she must have just taken all of the pictures! Sorry mom, we love you! 
Lastly, we've just had fun being at home. We have done lots of little baby projects and are soaking up as much time just the two of us as we can before baby comes. Andrew said the other day "do you realize that it will NEVER just be the two of us again?" I seriously started bawling. As much as we are SO excited to get this little man here, I can't imagine having more fun and more love than Andrew and I have had in our last 4 1/2 years of being married. We definitely fight (mostly I just start fights!) and our marriage is in no way perfect. But we really are friends, we have a real love, and enjoy being together, and that's all I could ever really want. I'll definitely miss this stage of our lives, when it was just the two of us having fun and just enjoying each other. 
Here's to the end of one chapter and the start of another one!

xoxo
-steph 






Comments

Popular Posts