First Family Camping Trip!

I had a checkup with my neurologist for my stupid postpartum stuff last week. I sat in his office and proudly told him all that I was doing to try and get myself feeling better. I told him I was reading books, joined a postpartum support group, I signed up and attended my first MBSR course, started exercising, you name it and I've been doing it! When I told him about all the stuff I had going on he looked at me like I was kind of crazy (weird...) and told me the best thing I can do to feel better is start doing things that make me happy. Embarrassingly enough, I hadn't even though of doing this.

So I decided to take a chill pill and just spend some time with my two favorite people in the world. And want to know what? It's working! Weird. Doctor's actually know what they are talking about! Who knew?

I suggested to Andrew we head up to the mountain because next to my home, they are one of my very favorite places. So we packed and headed up the Alpine Loop. 

Andrew is in the Young Men's presidency and has to take the deacons camping once a month. It has been pretty rad because we have learned where all the sweet secret camping spots are. 

Andrew has turned into a fancy pants chef these days. I love it so much, he's on a roll with making some good food. He decided to try dutch oven for the first time and made us chicken and veggies and oh.my.gosh they were so good. 


It was kind of a dream to be up in nature with Andrew and Chancey pants. To get to our spot we had to take the Suby (my trusty Subaru) off roading on a pretty rough dirt road. We accidentally busted our bumper (whoops) but it was still worth it. 
We found this little spot you had to hike to and the weather was crisp and perfect. We bundled up Chance and let him crawl around and get super dirty like a little boy should be. Andrew took him around on his shoulders (he loves to be up there and clings to Andrew's hair for dear life) and they explored a little. My dad would say we "recannoitered", he loved that word.
We stayed up super late talking and Chance fell asleep in my arms, which NEVER happens and it was a dream.

Chance and I slept perfectly but Andrew was up all night, bless his little heart. He was so worried about Chance being cold that he didn't sleep at all. Chance and I were out though. 2/3 is pretty good in our house.
It was a fun little getaway and I couldn't help but feel so grateful to God for places like this and moments with those I love. If I've learned anything over the last few months, it's that life is precious and every moment matters. I found this uplifting article that's relevant that I wanted to share.

I love the mountains and my people. I don't want summer to end! 

xoxo
-steph 

Comments

Popular Posts