Andrew Runs a Marathon

This last weekend Andrew ran the Salt Lake City marathon and I was so proud I wanted to be sure I write it down so we can remember it. He ran it in about 4:35 which isn't bad considering he had to poop twice (TMI) and he didn't really stick to his full training.

The morning of his marathon he was supposed to wake up around 4:30am in order to get downtown, stretched, and checked in by the time it started at 7am. Somehow he missed his alarm and didn't wakt up until 6am. I don't know how but he rushed and still made it down there right as it was starting! He had to park pretty far from the starting line and run the whole way there, so he really ran over 27 miles! I've never seen him move as fast as he was when he was trying to get out the door, it was amazing and I was glad he made it.
In January I told him I wanted to do a marathon in between each pregnancy so I made him start training with me. I lasted month and a half I got behind on a few long runs during my crazy event time in March and threw in the towel and never signed up. I'm super dedicated as you can tell.
Beautiful motivated Andrew kept up with his training and ended up doing it by himself. He did awesome. It was so much fun to watch for him at the finish line and cheer him on as he ended (even though I felt a litttttle dumb). Right before he crossed the finish line he stopped to give Chance and me a kiss and the DJ said "that guy's going to be a politician...look at him kissing babies!"
He was cute and I loved that he kissed us right before he finished so much. Chance and I made some sweet little signs (we spent a solid 2 minutes on thesm) and my mom and Andrew's parents came to support him as well.
I surprised him with an Apple Watch when he was done and he loved it. Go me.

It was a fun, happy day and I was so proud of him for setting a goal and sticking to it!


xoxo
-steph

Comments

Popular Posts