18 Months: A Note to My Chance Man



To My Chancer Man,

I'm not sure how, but just like that you're 18 months old. I wanted to sit down and write you a love letter because you're just the best and I'm so grateful to you for making me a mom. Your little spirit came into your dad's and my life and changed us forever. When I had you I didn't realize that with the long sleepless nights, endless nasty diapers, and constant messes, you would also bring the happiest spirit, funniest personality, and contagious smile that lights up my life. Being your mom is the most rewarding job I've ever done, and I'm so grateful you're mine.
I know I'm your mom so I probably shouldn't say it because it feels braggy in a way, but Chance you are so stinking cute. I love you so much. Your spunky personality, curiosity, and zest for life is so awesome and contagious. You've given me this greater sense of purpose and love and being a mama is just the coolest thing I've ever done and I'm so grateful I've had the opportunity to do it.
That said, your resilient little attitude that keeps us on our toes. It seems like just recently your dad and I have learned that "terrible twos" that are quickly approaching are no joke. You're pretty particular about what you want these days, especially when it comes to two things: your cars and food. You're curiosity leads to (lots) of messes around the house but at least we get awesome photos, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Currently, you're OBSESSED with cars (both the movie, especially Cars 3 and all toy cars!) Every morning when you get us up (at 7 on the dot!) the first thing you almost always say is "CARS!" You have this funny way of saying that word and you almost sound German because you say the "C" out of the back of your throat and it comes out with a sweet accent. You're hilarious and crack us up everyday.
 Some other things you love right now are:
  • Being outside
  • Jumping off things 
  • Reading 
  • Being around people! Especially your cousins and neighbor friends! 
  • WATER
  • Eating, eating, and more eating! 
A funny quirk of yours that I always want to remember is how you constantly have your hands full. You really are always holding at least 3 or 4 things in your hands at all times, and constantly figuring out how to climb and maneuver with your hands full. We are constantly telling you "put your stuff down then you can do that!" It's so funny.
Thank you for coming into our family Chancey! We still don't know what we're doing as your parents (as you can see in the photo below) but it's been a wild ride and I promise we'll keep doing everything we can to show you how much we love you and give you a good life.

xoxo
-mom


Comments

Popular Posts