S’mores and Stuff

This week has been a good week. Summer is coming to an end and while I’m sad about the endless days of sun, water and popsicles I’m excited for fall and what’s ahead.
Last night I felt fall in the air and it was dreamy! Yesterday we worked hard in the yard (it’s been SUCH a process but we are almost there!) While Andrew and I worked Chance played in the neighbors yard with lots of kids and two new puppies our neighbors just bought last week. It was the first time I felt like he was a real kid and not a baby. I kept checking across the street to see if he needed me and it was bittersweet to see he was just fine and so happy playing.
When it started to get dark we remembered we had a child to feed so we grabbed Chance and took a drive to Costa Vida. We came home and ate in the backyard and enjoyed the perfect weather!
It was past Chancey’s bedtime but we decided to keep him up late and do a fire with just the three of us and make s’mores. I loved it so much. Chance sat on Andrew’s lap and pointed to the fire and kept saying “hot, hot!” and I just looked at the two of them and felt like my heart could explode with love.
 
Chance loved the s’mores but mostly wanted to eat the chocolate. He’s definitely my child.
It was a good, simple night and I was so happy to be home.

Comments

Popular Posts