Summertime Updates

Yesterday our neighborhood started back to school and it hit me that summer is really coming to an end. I couldn't believe how fast it's gone. I have loved sitting on my porch these past two days while Chance plays outside and talking to all the little kiddos passing by about their time back to school. They told me about their outfits and hairstyles and teachers. One kid told me today he got the worst teacher in 3rd grade and he's super mad about it. It cracked me up. I love my neighborhood.
This summer has been so awesome. I have always loved summer in general, but this really has been the best summers of my life and I'm so grateful for the health and happiness we've been able to enojy together as a family. It's good times like these that make the hard times ahead (which will inevitably come) bearable. I recognize this has been a good season for us and we are just going to be grateful and enjoy it!

We just put Chance down for bed and Andrew wants me to watch a movie with him tonight, but I figured I needed to slow down and record some good times because it seems they are flying by faster and faster each day and I don't want to miss or forget them.
We feel really lucky to have been able to play lots this summer and make some awesome memories. Andrew works so hard for us and is lucky to have some flexibility with his job so we've been able to have some fun. I wanted to record a few highlights from summer.
 We spent a week at Lake Powell with some of our favorite friends and it was amazing. No kids + friends + Lake Powell is kind of life changing and so rejuvenating and I loved it so much.
 Some of my best times are in bed with these two. When Chance wakes up in the morning we let him come hang out with us and lay around for a bit. It's just awesome and I love this picture because it reminds me of these good times.

Chance has spent most of his summer in the water. We've had lots of fun play dates with friends at pools and reservoirs and we've both loved it! Sometimes I wish I could just trade him places for like a week and just sleep as much as I wanted, eat lots of food, have everyone tell me how cute I am and worry about nothing except for playing. This kid has the life.
Earlier this summer Andrew and I did a bike race together through my work for the Huntsman 140. I look forward to this every year, it's always lots of fun! We were signed up to ride 50 miles but Andrew's bike got a flat tire and we were actually happy because we shortened our ride once we fixed his tire and ended up going and visiting his grandma and doing a much more leisure ride. It was so fun and a great memory!
We've spent lots of our days outside on the porch with popsicles. I have never seen this kid happier than when he's eating his popsicles, surrounded by friends, and running through water. 
   Chance's first time surfing behind the boat. He was nervous and just about to breakout into an all out panic scream in this picture. We're working on it. :)
 He rocks hats like his dad all day everyday. I think he loves them because Andrew wears them, which makes it even more awesome. I love those big round eyes.
  A great representation of our summer - loaded up with so much stuff all the time! Trying to do fun stuff with kids is fun but so exhausting! Thank goodness I have this rad wagon to carry all our crap!
Andrew's sister got married this summer. Andrew and I love, love!
I love this cute picture Chance's babysitter Candice sent me of him riding this stryder bike. We've been so lucky to have the most awesome babysitter for him two days a week while I'm at work. She is always doing something fun and he loves going to her house so much. She's been such a blessing to us and we love her so much!
We finished out the summer with family trips with both our families at the lake! We went with Andrew's family to Lake Powell and with my family to Bear Lake. We can't get enough of the sunshine! 
    ^^^I love Chancey's face in this one!!!^^^
 So much fun with cousins!  
 ^^^No comment :)^^^
 can't believe how old he looks in this last one! Stop growing!!

Anyways, lots of pictures and lots of good memories. We will definitely miss summer!

xoxo
-steph

Comments

Popular Posts