Dad’s Birthday Tradition 

I’m feeling pretty old tonight. It’s 9:21 and I’m already curled up in bed with my face washed, pants off (woot!🎉) and lights out. This week has been packed full and it feels like we have been going non-stop lately. I’m not complaining. I really love being busy and having our days full, especially when they involve spending time with people we love. But by the time Friday rolls around after a long week like this I’m so ready for a break.
There’s something so rewarding and fulfilling to me about hard work and a full day. I’ve been trying to give it my all at work and at home this week and it’s crazy how much happier it makes me when I put my whole self into whatever I’m doing and sincerely try my best. Lately I feel like I live two lives. I’m home with Chance Monday, Wednesday and Friday and in the office every Tuesday and Thursday. I’m either a total mom and housewife cooking and cleaning and going to the gym with my friends (which is so awesome by the way!) or I’m dressed up nice going to work all day. It’s so weird doing both what feels like almost full time, but I’m so grateful for the flexibility my company has given me and have loved my work schedule so much!

Tonight we did our annual dinner in the mountains with my family to celebrate my dad’s birthday. He would have been 69 years old today, and it’s almost been six years now since he died, which is hard for me to wrap my head around. We went up to the mountains with my family and, per tradition, my mom brought KFC and we had s’mores and explored the water and mountains with our little kiddos.

My dad would have called it “reconnoitering”. He used funny weird big words. Chance so badly wants to be big, and chased Owen all over. He climbed super high up the rocks and as I watched Andrew climb high and let him go I could help but remember my dad always encouraging us to play and explore and be brave. Chance was filthy and so happy. On the way home Andrew and I talked about how much we love seeing Chance run around in nature. He’s so curious and loves life and being outside and there’s just nothing better than a cute little kid covered in dirt. It’s like he was meant for the outdoors.
My sister is due with her third baby any day now. She really is the toughest pregnant person and never complains and looks so cute pregnant. I can’t wait to have another new baby in the family! I’m so baby hungry! Fingers crossed we have a second soon!
Anyways. This week has been good and I’m so happy to have such amazing people in my life.
Happy birthday to my dear daddio. I hope he knows we still miss him.
xoxo
-steph

Comments

Popular Posts