Ellie is here!

I'm so excited to post about the arrival of our littlest cutest little munchkin. Ellie Joye Christensen joined our family on May 7th, 2019. She weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and was 21 inches long. She came SO fast (I literally pushed two times) and has been the best little person ever since. 
She came with a full head of dark, CURLY hair and I love it so much. She had a perfectly round head (unlike Chance with his terrifying cone head!) and started nursing and sleeping like a gem. I'm not sure if I'm just more relaxed this time around but everything seems to be easier with her than with Chance.
My heart is so full of love and joy these days. Being a mom has made me happier than I ever knew I could be, and I'm so fulfilled and content. Seeing Chance meet Ellie at the hospital for the first time and holding both my babies in my arms was one of the happiest moments of my life and I'm so grateful they are mine. 
Having a little girl is FUN. I've gone kind of crazy on headbands and painted her toes already! It's so much fun and I'm so glad I have both a boy and a girl.
We had lots of visitors at the hospital and we were so excited to tell Grandma Joye we were naming Ellie after her. She cried and it was a very sweet moment. 

Chance has been adjusting to Ellie surprisingly well! The first few days were a little rough (he didn't want Ellie in his room, etc.) but now he is obsessed with her and so sweet and gentle. He mostly just calls her "baby sister" and tries to shove things in her face for her to look at. 

Andrew has been super-dad since she came and has been taking care of all of us as usual. He has a few weeks off work which is awesome and so he can keep Chance busy while I nurse 24/7! I kind of went a little crazy "nesting" this time around and ended up repainting our entire house days before she came. We got back from the hospital to find our house smelled SO stronly like fumes so we ended up going to Andrew's parents house and staying for a few days. It was crazy but SO amazing because 1) their house is like a 5 star resort and 2) they were able to help lots with Chance and Ellie while I recovered. It was such a huge blessing and worked out great. I've decided I want to stay there each time I have a baby! Haha!

For Ellie I wish all the best things in life. I hope she can be strong and soft in the best ways. I hope she is confident and finds happiness.  I hope she grows up to be a beautiful young lady and is a good friend to others. I hope she finds her passions in life and lives to the fullest. I hope she knows how much I love her and how my heart felt like it could explode when I met her. 

We love you Ellie! Welcome to our family! 

ps - I am SO glad I'm not pregnant anymore...ouch!



xoxo
-steph 


Comments

Popular Posts