the playoffs


I felt it appropriate to blog about the playoffs tonight since it has taken up about 80% of our time since we got married.  Andrew and I both felt our world shatter when our Jazzies lost this year.  We weren't surprised, by any means, but we were hopeful for at least one win in the playoffs.  We absolutely love the Jazz and became very attached to them this year.  I'll be honest, since I started dating Andrew my knowledge of the NBA has increased big time.  Before him, I very rarely watched the NBA but loved college basketball. We've spent many nights watching these guys. 
Over the past 2 years, I've developed somewhat of a large crush on Gordon Hayward (it's okay, Andrew understands).  He just has this boyish Pinnochio look.  He's a frustrating player to watch because you never know what you're going to get from him, but I love him unconditionally.  Whether or not he shows up though isn't important, its his rapping skills that matter.  He's too big yo.
 As far as Andrew's favorite Jazz player, this season it was Derrick Favors (previously D-Will, of course).  Andrew loves Favors because he feels that he is the only shot they have at a successful future...I like him because he's tough and shows up for big games.  He's also scary strong and seems like he'd be really shy and funny in real life...
Overall, we were pretty happy with the Jazz's performance this season.  "I can't feel too bad about being swept by the Spurs now that they've won 17 games in a row." Says Andrew, "next season I predict they will win the first round of the playoff series." Andrew's final thoughts "this year was the perfect year for the Jazz because they exceeded everyone's expectations and even made the playoffs.  But now we all have such high expectations for them that it is a bad thing because there's always a chance they can break my heart...I love the Jazz but I hate them..."
Now that they're out though, our attention has turned to the Lakers.  Unfortunately, Kobe has caused some tension in our household.  I don't like Kobe.  I think he is a fake flopper and gets away with more than any other player in the NBA.  But Andrew disagrees.  He loves Kobe and respects him as a player.  It's been fun to watch the Lakers lose (so far) and we've had some intense bball watching nights in the Christensen home as of late...
Andrew gets a little into these games...for some reason he's decided he likes sitting this way...?  (yes, we still need a TV stand. We're working on it)
"Boo Kobe, you're fake" - Steph
"Kobe, marry me" - Andrew
---
On a side note, the other large portion of our time has been spent at our mutual friend Sean Moysh's baseball games.  Seany played on the same basketball team with Andrew and me back in 6th grade when we met and we've been good friends with him since.  His team UVU has killed it this year and he is one of their top players.  We've been lucky to be so close to these games so we've had a blast supporting our boy! 


Amanda Hansen, one of my best friends growing up, also played on our team in 6th grade.  She's come with us to a few of the games as well.  It's been so much fun to reunite with some of our good friends from back in the day.  We are so proud to see Seany killing it!
That's all for now.  Thanks for stopping by! :)




Comments

  1. basically everything you said about the jazz/nba/college basketball is our life too. i used to only be a college ball watcher (so much more fun to watch) however, since i've been married nba has entered my life. & we are in love with the jazz & gordon. but i've always been in love with gordon..even back in the butler days. :)

    oh & im a kober hater. (thank goodness, brian is too)

    i feel like we need to be married friends asap. because we like you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts