we like to party.

This past weekend Andrew and I were able to take off and head south for the weekend.  His mission president and his wife invited us to Lake Powell along with some of the other missionaries to stay at their houseboat and enjoy the lake for a few days.  They invited us to come Sunday-Tuesday, so we decided to make a long weekend of it and hit up Moab on Saturday and Sunday before heading down to meet up with everyone in Powell.
We headed out early Saturday morning and rented mountain bikes in Moab.  We had such a blast. The trails we picked definitely challenged us but we really had fun.  We are excited to go biking on some different terrain up here and get into it more.  
After we biked all day we camped on the Colorado River.  We brought tinfoil dinners and had fun using our new tent and other camping stuff we got for our wedding.  We also roasted some mean S'Mores and had fun hanging out in such a pretty place (I forgot bug spray and matches. Whoops. I'm learning...)
On Sunday we got up early and hit up the local church for sacrament (I was nasty and had dirty feet...not classy) After church we hit up Arches national park which was sweet. I haven't been there since I was little and we were both so glad we went.
Sunday afternoon we took off and went to Lake Powell.  We met up with Andrew's friend Tanner in Green River and he drove us down to Lake Powell. (Tanner, please consider this link to your website a replacement for gas money...) :) As I said we met up with Andrew's mission president and his wife on their sweet houseboat.  We had a blast hanging out, wakeboarding, extreme tubing, eating yummy food, and playing made up games to entertain ourselves.  I'm sad I don't have any pictures of us wakeboarding, I wasn't alert enough at 6am when we went to remember my camera, oh well. It was so much fun to hang out with this group, we had a blast! 
My stud of a husband...sigh...

Andrew's mission president took us all on an intense rock climb and showed us the secret Lake Powell crack in the wall.  It was so cool but we had to hike way high up some sketchy rocks to get to it.  There's no way to explain how cool this really was but it was a great experience!  We finished off the adventure with some cliff jumping.
  
Sister Macdonald (below, middle) was an animal on the tube.  She was such a neat lady and was braver than we were.  She made me laugh so hard and was so much fun.

Overall, the trip was a blast.  I love being outside and in the sunshine so much. Combining the outdoors and Andrew together was pure bliss, as these are my two favorite hobbies. Thanks again to President and Sister Macdonald for a lovely time.




Comments

  1. Looks soooo fun!! I hope you guys have life insurance (jk) . Glad you both got back home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great pics, you are quite the photographer! I'm jealous of all your adventures :) love your blog and I'm sure you will love looking back through all your old posts as the years go on so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts