6 reasons why my husband rocks...


(in no particular order)

In order to celebrate us hitting the BIG SIX mark I've decided to go mushy on this post. 
(Sorry if that's not your thing, this is my blog so I can be as mushy as I want).  A lot of things have happened in my life lately that have made me realize how dang lucky I am to have a rockin husband who loves me and all my flaws. Since I've been married I've been more and more observant and I honestly can tell you my husband is one of a kind. The purpose of this post isn't to brag to the world that my husband is better than everyone else's (which he is, no offense...just kidding, soft of...) The purpose is to remember how I feel about Mister Christensen 6 months into our marriage. So I can remember, and so the world knows...here are a few reasons why he is my world...

1- he is genuinely good. straight up, he's the best person I know. I myself consider myself and many people I know great at a surface level. I can smile and be nice and polite to anyone and everyone. Since marrying him I've realized the difference between a good person and a genuinely good person is someone who does this all the time, no matter who is watching. He is so nice to everyone and will go out of his way for others, time after time. He has people he has served happy and diligently for years and I completely admire him for this. He is so great to me consistently, no matter what my flaws are. Before marrying him, I didn't know people this good existed.
2- he loves life. He is just happy to be here. He sees everything in a positive light. He enjoys every day and makes everything we do fun and interesting. He loves his me, his friends, his family, and even his dog Brutus with everything he has, unconditionally. He has helped me to enjoy life in every stage, and even during hard times, things can be so good. I'll also add  into this section that his laugh is uh-mazing.
3- he keeps things interesting. Never in my life did I dream I'd have a husband I could chase around the house and have water fights with. The first week we got married Andrew decided to start a little "game" of "throw freezing water over the shower when Steph's showering". The above picture is what evolved, a "game" of me throwing water on Andrew, fully clothed, in the house. Andrew is so playful and fun and keeps me laughing and on my toes at all times. Although his games can be maddening at times, this is one of my favorite things about him.
4-he can break it down on the dance floor. Enough said.
5-great smile great style. Honestly, I trust Andrew's style opinion more than I trust my own. He has an eye for interior design (super surprising, I know) and always takes my ideas and makes them just a little bit better. He's helped with our house, with the wedding, and with lots of other little things so many times that it's made me really appreciate this funny little quirk about him. He's still super manly and likes manly grills and sports center, but to have a husband who's opinion I seriously value is awesome. I'll also throw into this section that he has a great smile ("great smile great style" sounded cool to me...)
6- he's my bestie. I know it's cliche to say "we're best friends" but Andrew really is my best friend. It's so great to know I have a husband I can do anything with, talk to about anything, and always have by my side. We have such a blast just hanging out, talking, going on adventures, or doing nothing at all. 


Thanks for staying married to me for 6 months Mister Christensen, I freaking love you.

xoxo
steph



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts