thoughts on a Sunday night...

Things at the Christensen casa have been busy lately. My poor husband has been studying his life away for the LSAT in 2 weeks so this is a quick glance into our home as of late...
 
 
In an effort to remain quiet all evening (I literally talk to him every second and am trying to let him study) I've decided to check in and record a few things on my mind this week.
With the Holidays around the corner I've been running around and it's nice to slow down and pour my deepest, pointless thoughts out onto this my lovely blog.

First things first, I am currently obsessed with this little beauty. I stumbled across the Canon 50mm 1.8 when I was browsing in Allen's camera the other day. I thought I'd try out a few lenses and first tried the 80mm (which is much pricier) but after much research have decided this lens is the way to go. 

(Ahem...cough cough...this bad boy is about $120 and is on the top of my wishlist for Christmas this year...husband...)

Next thing I've been thinking about: Christmas trees. This will be our FIRST Christmas meaning the first time we've bought a tree, decorated, the whole shenanigans. I have been checking out some styles I like and I'm thinking about attempting to somewhat copy this awesome burlap and twine tree I saw on Pinterest. 
(photo cred: CryBaby Inc.)

I also have exactly two total Christmas decorations for my house. Two. I am sure over time I'll build up my collection but the first is this sweet vintage "Frosty" book which I had to have and am obsessed with. 
 Next we have the cliche "Joy" blocks. I know they are super unoriginal and I should have made these instead of bought them, but I loved them and snagged them. 
Finally before I sign off for the night I want to publicly document that I am so happy with the i-15 core project. 
This huge project has put a damper in my mornings for many many months, but I am here to tell you it was worth it, we survived, and now I have a beautiful 7 lane (in some places) wide open freeway to drive to work every morning. The day this was finished was a happy happy day and has brought a lot of joy into my life. Way to go Utah county, I dislike you a little bit less now. Now get to work widening the rest of your overcrowded roads.

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
steph

Comments

  1. This post is so fun - it's a great glimpse into your life. And yes - SO excited about I-15 Core being done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I DO read your blog...love ya!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts