Where Does the Time Go?


Is it really March? Really, I blinked and it's March. I can't believe how fast the time is flying. We have been so busy, January and February were a blur. I thought I'd post a little glimpse to this crazy whirlwind we call our lives. In a nutshell, here is what has happened over the past 2 months:
  • We worked. {a lot} I started working full time in the marketing department at CLEARLINK and am loving it. I was hired on as a Marketing Project Manager, and it is absolutely crazy and I'm always going a million miles an hour but I weirdly like that sort of thing. To be honest I really enjoy the business setting more and more, there are so many comparisons in business that are similar to sports that I love and crave. (Teamwork, competition, pushing yourself, having others depend on you...I could go on) I can honestly say I enjoy getting up and going to work everyday and taking on the challenges of this place. The people are great and the company treats us fabulous. (Free skiing...#whatwhat!)Andrew started working full time at a Law Firm in Salt Lake and is enjoying it also. It's a good job for him and gives him good experience for law school. We have both gotten into a routine and are enjoying having jobs, saving money, being together in Salt Lake and being able to meet up for lunch on occasion. We also got a job working as referees together in evenings which is fabulous and great extra money. It's also not bad because we get to be together and have fun being around basketball again. We are working all the time, but are glad to be saving some dough for a crib sometime down the road.
1- Skiing at Deer Valley
2- Jazz Game
3- Team Lunch at Copper Onion - must eat
4- My new office
5- Reffing like pros
6- Doggies at work
7- Jazz game
8- Hottie on the slopes
9- Keeping it real

  • We Watched Friday Night Lights {a lot} We moved up to my mom's house in January to chill with her and my grandma, help out where needed, and save some dough. It's working out really well and Andrew has treated us to some bomb dinners (He is an insane cook, yum). We have really enjoyed being with my mom and being close to Andrew's family as well. We also have Netflix in our room and have watched almost every single episode of Friday Night Lights. I've developed a massive celebrity crush on Tim Riggins and Andrew has growing feelings for Tami Taylor...

  • We hung out with Owen {a lot} I love this little chunker so much I can't believe it. I also love that we have been able to see and hang out with Haley and Danny a lot more lately. The older I get the more I'm understanding the importance of family, and am so grateful for mine!
^^^This is what the majority of our evenings consist of these days...^^^

  • We Played Parents for a Week {and vowed to hold off on the parenting thing for a while} Don't get me wrong...we LOVED hanging out with Brianny and Josh while his parents took off to Hawaii, but we were tired...like, so tired. I can't believe how busy these kids are. I gained a totally new respect for parents everywhere. By the time I woke up, took the kids to school, got the dog walked and headed to work I was ready for the day to be over! But seriously, we had a blast with Josh and Brianny and playing parents for the week. 
^^^Getting Joshy to bed was interesting^^^

  • We modeled for OGIO

  • We became obsessed with skiing {and vowed to do it more}
  • We convinced my mom to watch Tommy Boy {this was a huge milestone...}
  • We had fun going through the grind together

I'm learning that there are always going to be ups and downs in life. It's really easy to get caught up in the daily grind and sit by and watch as life flies by around me. I am trying my best to slow down, smell the roses, and find joy in the journey. I'm so glad I have a stud of a husband to help remind me to have fun and enjoy everyday! 

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
steph

Comments

  1. Ha Ha Steph! I love that you were models! That is so perfect for you. Thanks for posting it's fun to catch up with your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and your blog! I love your adventures from the past few weeks. We need to do lunch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you EVER post a decent picture of me??? And Tommy Boy was dumb...Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts