Springity Spring!


It's Spring! It's Spring! Oh, how I love this time of year. The blossoms start coming out and the weather gets warmer and the sun start shining. It gets me all sorts of giddy. This time of year is one of my favorites for a few reasons:

  1. It's our anniversary! (2 years on April 12th...what, what! PS - I should probably get my name legally changed...#yikes)
  2. College bball memories - this was the time that the season started wrapping up, and while I loved playing, this time of year always meant FREEDOM! I will never ever take a free weekend for granted again for as long as I live.
  3. I love being outside. Really, truly, I believe that sunshine is an essential part of happiness in this life (at least in mine).I love going for a good run in the pretty weather or just sitting on the porch reading a good book. Sunshine is just my favorite and I can't get enough of it.
  4. FLOWERS. Flowers start blooming and I think fresh flowers are one of God's greatest creations. Especially the blossoms - they'll always have a special place in my heart...sigh...
In case you didn't notice, of Spring, I am a fan. We've had a busy few weeks but Spring has been good to us so far. 

March was my birthday month! (Yes, my birthday gets a whole month of celebration and self-indulgence) I had such a great birthday this year. (I'm a QUARTER OF A CENTURY....WOAH.). My friends went all out this year and kidnapped me from my house in the middle of the night and took me to Denny's, per our old middle/high school tradition. It was seriously awesome. Andrew went all out and took me shopping, to lunch, and surprised me with these fabulous rocking chairs that I still drool over. 
 (really, how adorable are they???)
I've already enjoyed them and can't wait until Summer, I have many books to read on these chairs and I have ongoing visions of us sitting on them, drinking lemonade and watching the sun go down when we are eighty. I'm a dreamer, sue me. 

We also had a fun day of shopping and eating, and enjoyed fun dinners with both sides of the family.
(^^How hillarious/creepy is this picture? Andrew's mom happened to be taking a picture with her camera so that explains the creepy lighting. Josh holding the knife and my expression couldn't be more perfect. Awkward/funny things like this probably make me way more happy than they should at my age...oh well...^^)
(^^Dinner at Goodwood with my family. Aren't my grandma's shades dope? She's 91 and still looks pretty bad-a$$ if you ask me.^^)
(^^Yummy pizza at Pier 49 complete with a day of shopping and browsing Gardner Village. He knows me so well...^^)

Let's see...what else. Oh yes, we had 3 weddings in 2 days. As well as 2 wedding dinners. It was very busy and very fun. One of my lifelong friends Courtney Thomas (now Adams) was married and it was such a fun day! She was beautiful and the the day was perfect. I was honored to be one of her bridesmaids and was so so happy for her and Austin.

If you read the news you probably heard about Lexi Hansen (one of my best friend's little sisters) She was a BYU student who was hit by a longboard on campus a few weeks ago. If you have followed her story at all or her Pray for Lexi Facebook page you know how miraculous her story and recovery truly are. Andrew and I have been so touched by her story and the miracles that have taken place. We've talked about it a lot over the last few weeks and it's really changed our outlook on life and strengthened our faith and relationship. When I found out some of my friends were doing a Benefit Concert for Lexi I was so excited to be able to be a part of it. We were in charge of the raffles and it was so amazing how it all came together. I was way impressed with the generosity of all these businesses who donated so much, and how all our friends came together to help out our few friends who headed the whole thing up. I really have the greatest friends.
 (^^Andrew, my friend Lexe, and her husband working the raffle table^^)
(^^My bestie Court and me getting everything ready for the concert. Gotta love a good selfie.^^)

 There was also some amazing talent that sang at the concert. Including Nathan Osmond, Allred, and Lexi Walker, who recently gained fame in her cover of Frozen's 'Let it Go'. She is SO talented! It was a great night and I was happy to be a part of it.

A few other minor announcements:
  • We are Sunbeam teachers. Again. We are contemplating Catholicism trying to stay positive.
  • Waffle Luv is amazing. If you haven't been there, go. It is the best waffle ever. The 1,000 something calories in 4 bites are totally worth it.
  • Andrew tore it up in his annual alumni-tournament at Murray. Career high 27 points in the season opener. I was like a proud parent! (He'll kill me for posting this but I don't care I like to brag on his behalf every so-often.) 
  •  We have the coolest neighbors. The Allen's live right behind us and we are in love with them and their cute little boys. We go back and forth through the backyard and have loved getting to know them and are so grateful they are our neighbors! 
Like I said, Spring has been good to us. Life has been good to us, really. I can't complain. I am so blessed!  

Lastly, a shout out to my cool husband. (Sometimes I'm hesitant to post this stuff but this is my blog and my journal so I decided I don't care if I'm cheesy sometimes.) 

I snapped this picture last week of us winding down after long days at school and work. We sat down on the floor and talked for a really long time. About our days. About our future. About school and life and things that are funny and things that bug us. Things we think are weird and things we have to look forward to in the upcoming days and weeks and years. This picture means a lot to me because I know how lucky I am to have someone who is not only a husband, but a friend. To have both in my life under my own roof is something I try my best not to take for granted. Our life and marriage is far from perfect, and we have our share of ups and downs, but at the end of the day there's no one else I'd rather have on my team doing this whole life thing with. It's pretty fun.

End ramble. 
^^snapped this pic on Andrew's parents' street. Go Spring!^^

Thanks for stopping by! 

xoxo
steph

Comments

  1. Meadowcrest Drive!! Nothing better at Spring time then those trees. And I like you two a lot. You're my favorite couple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your fun blog! You are hilarious and make me miss blogging. Your BFF Courtney is in my ward! I never put it together that you know each other!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts