Fall, my Fave


Fall is the best. It's quickly becoming my favorite season. October flew by and was filled with everything I imagine fall to be. I did the whole pumpkin painting shenanigans, leaf exploring, watched LDS conference, attended my fair share of football games, busted out my favorite scarves, leather jackets, and boots, and had so much fun handing out candy to all the cute kiddos in our neighborhood on Halloween night. I made chili, pumpkin bread, and even decorated our house with cobwebs (totally tacky, I know...but I've always wanted cobwebs...)I was able to head back east for work and had such a fun time exploring Boston and New York in the fall. It was all so beautiful! Andrew and I have kicked our fireplace back on and enjoy cuddling up to watch anxiously as NBA season kicks into gear while drinking hot chocolate in big wool socks. 

With Thanksgiving fast approaching I can't help but slow down and document a few of the things we've been up to the last few weeks. Enjoy!
Headed up AF Canyon for a cookout & some exploring!
Sat through the freezing rain...then lost the game. Booo.
Conference weekend is the best weekend...
Pumpkin painting with my favorite ladies!
I am seriously obsessed with my little nephew, Owen! I never knew I could love a little person so much. He is the funniest and smartest little boy I've ever met. He talks full sentences and says the most hilarious things, like "Stephy poopy". He brings so much joy into our lives. Spending time with him is my favorite.
I was able to go to San Francisco for an event we did this month. It was at the Exploratorium on Pier 15 and was too beautiful not to share a picture. We were right on the pier so that is the ocean in the background. It was amazing! 
I was able to fly straight from San Francisco to St. George for the annual Christensen girls getaway! It was so much fun soaking up the last drops of summer and spending time with Andrew's mom and sisters. I loved the quality one-on-one time I got with my niece and nephew! They are so hilarious! We really just relaxed, shopped, swam, ate wayyy too much crap and saw two Tuacahn plays. We went to a park and I learned I have more fun at parks than most 5 year olds. I was totally the old creepy girl testing out all the fun stuff. I'm sure I'm everything my mother-in-law dreamt for her son. Yikes. Anyways, it was such a great trip and we had a lot of fun!
Beautiful view on my morning run! 

Switching gears. My very best friend in the world, Courtney Richards, gave birth to a beautiful baby boy! His name is Rhett and he is unusually good looking for a brand new baby. I cried at least 3 times the first time I met him. I really didn't know little tiny babies could be so perfect and I can't believe how much I love him already. 
In other news (this post is all over the place but whatevs) I chopped my hair. It was bugging and I needed a change. I wasn't planning on cutting it, but my great friend Amanda cuts it and while she was trimming I kept saying "more, more, more" and next thing I knew I had cut about 5 inches. It's rejuvenating and a much needed change!
 I mentioned I was able to go to New York and Boston as well, it was such a cool trip and I was able to do some fun things while I was there! I'll do a separate post about my experiences there but for now here's one of Grand Central, which was attached to the hotel I stayed at in Manhattan. More to come on this trip.

Finally, I had to post this gem of a picture...
They say "there's no place like home" and this is so true. I can go to all of the coolest places in the world, but there really is no place like home. My favorite place is in this family room with my favorite person spending time together. On this particular evening Andrew was watching baseball so decided to practice his swing. This weirdo is my whole world and brings so much happiness and fun into my life! Building a home together, making it our own, and creating happy memories in it has given me more joy than I ever thought possible. I love his crazy face!

So there you have it. October in a nutshell. It was busy and crazy and so much fun. I can't wait for the holidays!

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
steph






Comments

Popular Posts