Bye Bye 2017

We made it! 2017 is behind us and I can't believe it.

I asked Andrew how he would summarize 2017 and he chose one word: real. I couldn't agree more. Once Chance came things got real...fast! It has been challenging and wonderful and tiring and weirdly the best year of my life and I've learned so much.

A few things that happened this year:
  • JANUARY - We blessed Chance then he had to go and get RSV at 3 months old and we stayed up at Primary Children's for 2 weeks. Andrew also got bronchitis and was super sick and we were a train wreck for about a month. I wouldn't recommend RSV to anyone if you can avoid it. :)
  • FEBRUARY - I had my big event at work. It went good and was a blast and I was glad to have it behind me.

  • MARCH - I turned 28. I still feel 17 in my head so it's a little weird but what can you do?
  • APRIL -  Andrew and I celebrated 5 years of marriage. I'm pretty proud of the fact that we're still friends and like each other as much as we do. I started having my first problems with PPD and anxiety and it was a weird time until the end of the summer when we started figuring out what was going on and I got help. 
  • MAY - we left Chance with our awesome family and spent a week on a houseboat in Lake Powell with some of our favorite friends. We had the time of our lives and have vowed to do whatever it takes to own a houseboat there one day. Out of all the places I've been, Lake Powell is my favorite place to visit. Andrew and Chance also came out to Seattle for a work trip I had to be on and we had fun exploring the city together. 
  • JUNE -  I got real sick. It was rock bottom for me and I'm so glad I'm feeling so much better. We went to San Diego with my mom, sister, and her family and I kind of ruined the trip because I was so sick. Good thing they love me.
  • JULY -  July, August, and September were a blur while I got better. I took a leave of absence from work to focus on my health and Andrew taught me a lot about love and patience during this time. 
  • OCTOBER - Things started to get good. I started getting better and we did lots of fun travels. We had an unusually fun time with lots planned. It was like we saved up all the fun things for one month. We were lucky to go to Hawaii and New York. We also took the boat down to Lake Powell, Lake Mead for quick weekend trips and loved every second. We filled out weekdays with lots of fall festivities and I was so grateful to feel so good again! Chance came with us everywhere except New York and it was a blast.  
  • NOVEMBER - I started back to work part time and we enjoyed being back into a good routine. I've loved my schedule (I'm in the office 2 days a week and do some work from home) and it's a great balance for me. I love being home with Chance, making yummy meals for my family, keeping our house clean and even ironing! I also love working and going into the office and doing my job which I love. I also chopped my hair off this month which was a fun change.
  • DECEMBER - This month has been so fun! We have filled it with Christmas festivities. Of course we had a holiday bucket list and we've done lots of small fun things. We have loved being home enjoying family and friends and reflecting on this year.
Bring on 2018!

xoxo
-steph 

Comments

Popular Posts